Devices getting blocked

Stanz358
Stanz358 Member Posts: 19
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll start here. I've had my fingbox about a year and overall, it's performed well with minor issues.

However just recently, I'm getting notifications about existing devices being blocked from accessing my network. I have it setup to block NEW devices but the ones I'm getting alerts on are and have been existing devices. This happens randomly and with different devices. No rhyme or reason.

Also having problems with a few cell phones that are assigned to members of my family that keep dropping/showing away while still in the house.

Not sure about the timing of this but it seems the app or the fingbox itself got updated and the problems started. Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Joe

Pixel

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stanz358, you wouldn’t have recently upgraded to iOS 14 recently, would you have?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Stanz358
    Stanz358 Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

No, it's on an Android. But I do have one phone in the house that is an IPhone showing up twice. Same ip, different macs

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For the iPhone turns off private address on the WiFi connection and that will go away.  For the android issue we need @Robin.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @Stanz358 Can you DM me the screenshot of the blocked devices from Fing app and MAC address of the Fingbox so I can investigate? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Bill_OH
    Bill_OH Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    I’ve also have started getting device blocked that have been on the next work and operational for at least a year. This includes multiple types of devices.