wifi info says security:none

jrhlaser
jrhlaser Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited September 21, 2020 in Fing App #1
I have latest android version of fing, also fing desktop and a juniper srx220h2 router with 2 ubiquiti access points using wpa2 encryption, why does fing (android) wifi information say security is none? All other info is correct and fing has no apparent problems. searched posts but didn't see anything that was relevant to my question - sorry if I missed an answer.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,652
    1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @jrhlaser, I moved this to the Fingapp section for relevance.  @Robin, or the rest of the community,  any idea why this would be so?  I’m not as proficient in Android to be able to answer...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    I would need the screenshot of the Fing app where it displays there is no security so I can investigate better. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jrhlaser
    First Comment
    here is screen shot of lg g5 fing app - thx
  • jrhlaser
    First Comment
    Maybe a clue:  I re- checked the ip and bssid (mac) of my ap with another lan viewer (mylanviewer) I've been using for years and it shows my ap (wlanprivate) is actually 192.168.1.24 and mac is 78:8a:20:50:eb:56
    it also shows my Lg G5 on which Fing is running is actually 192.168.1.8 and mac agrees with phone mac so it appears that Mylanviewer is correct, and not the wifi Fing info; I don't see anything on the network with the listed Fing mac;
  • jrhlaser
    First Comment
    I checked the Fing device scan info and it correctly listed my G5 ip and mac, also the correct ap (wlanprivate) ip and mac so the devices info in Fing is correct still have same wifi info - maybe I'm not understanding what the wifi info is showing me? seems like it should agree with device scan info, don't know where the wlanprivate mac in Fing wifi info is coming from
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,727
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @jrhlaser
    That security tab refers to any additional security to WPA2 or any other information which can be detected by Fing app from the router.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!