Remove fingbox from account

B42424242
B42424242 Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hello! I recently sold my fingbox on eBay and now I need to remove my fingbox from my account. How do remove it and reset it to factory defaults?

lenworth

Best Answer

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @b42424242 here is how to deactivate your Fingbox! 

To move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:

• Locate the network name in the middle of the top bar of the screen – click on the drop-down arrow next to this.
    • This will take you through to the My Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Swipe left on the Network with the Fingbox on it and click on the Deactivate that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Just connect it to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding steps again!
    Can you do this from your app!? 
    Thank you! 

Community Manager at Fing

B42424242Hronos

Answers

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 #3

Sent a private message to @VioletChepil and she can arrange that for you.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just changed this one into a question thread. @B42424242 please choose BEST ANSWER if this has solved things for you :) 

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@VioletChepil @B42424242 has already sold their Fingbox and was wanting to make sure it wasn't associated with their account any more, hence my advice that they PM you to get their account details removed from it so the new owner wasn't going to have problems.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if @B42424242 has not deactivated the Fingbox, they should be able to Login and do that. Once deactivated they would lose the access to it. But the question remains whether the box needs to be ON to do that...I need to check with @Robin as I've not tested this use case personally. 

• B42424242
    B42424242 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Thank you @VioletChepil and @Pooh. I was able to deactivate the fingbox using the instructions included in this thread. I haven’t heard from the new owner if they are experiencing any additional issues. No news is good news.

I will mark this thread answered. Thank you everyone.

VioletChepilRobin_from_FingHronos
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fabulous!!! Cheers 

• stanelie
    stanelie Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello @VioletChepil .

These instructions appear to be outdated, they do not work with the current Android app. Any new instructions you can give?
    Thanks.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    stanelie said:
    Hello @VioletChepil .

These instructions appear to be outdated, they do not work with the current Android app. Any new instructions you can give?
    Thanks.
    You can follow this link to remove Fingbox from your account: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/move-fingbox-new-network/
    NOTE: It mentions ALL NETWORKS which can be found by clicking on 3 lines icon.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • stanelie
    stanelie Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks! That worked!
    Robin_from_Fing