Netgear R7000 shows Fing at 10Mbs

CIndelicato
CIndelicato Member Posts: 10
First Anniversary Founder Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭
edited September 19, 2020 in Fingbox #1
Good day, all;
I have had my Fing connected to my R7000 for a few years, and the performance has been excellent.  This week,  throughput dragged horribly, and the R7000 showed 'amber' for the Fing;  amber indicates a  connection is at 10Mbs as opposed to the normal white (100Mbs).   Connectivity was so bad I disconnected Fing, and throughput immeditately returned.

I let it sit for a day, and reconnected the Fing; the amber light & slow connectivity returned.  The Fing is disconnected, and I am seeking advice on what to do next.

Kind regards,  
CI

Time flies like an arrow;

Fruit flies like a banana.

Best Answer

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Thanks @Marc

I would like to confirm if the ethernet cable is not broken. As you will restart the Fingbox, it forces the network to reach its full speed but if there is any damage on the cable, the speed will drop.  

I would also like you to try any Cat 6 or Cat 7 cable and then see if the network link is dropping or not. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @CIndelicato, I moved this to the Fingbox section for you for proper visibility.  @Robin, any ideas here as to why he’s seeing this?  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    CIndelicato
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @CIndelicato, one suggestion, have you checked on Fing’s network connection?  Do you have another network cable you can swap in to see if it help?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • CIndelicato
    CIndelicato Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Founder Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your assistance.  While the CAT5 cable I have had for +2 years has never moved or had been stressed, swapping it out did fix my problem.  Thank you all.

Time flies like an arrow;

Fruit flies like a banana.

Robin_from_Fing