Lost / Changed Device Names Due to Latest MacOS / IOS Updates
Just upgraded IOS to 14.0 and MacOS to 10.15.6. Devices some devices, when seen on Fing, were blocked and had their name adjusted (iPhone and iWatch).
Rescan through FingBox was only allowed by either MAC or IP address. Once scanned, about 75% of devices now show up as "Generic".
1. Are other users experiencing this same effect?
2. Is there / Will there be a Fing Update that will address the issue (assuming it is an issue)?
3. Is there a way to identify and rename the Devices without wiping everything clean and starting over?
Thanks, in advance for the input.
- 4.9K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 929 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 100 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.4K Ask about Fing
- 408 Fing Account Change Request
- 873 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 467 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 148 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides