Notifications fing app running on miui 12

bbohms
bbohms Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
Hi,

Have an issue receiving fing app notifications (network device status) on my miui 12 device. On my pixel 3a device app notifications work fine. Have given the app about all the rights I can think of in miui 12, auto start, no battery restrictions, etc. Is miui 12 blocking fing notifications?  Other app notifications eventually work fine in miui 12. 

KR
jmarcelino

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bbohms welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Just by the information that you've provided, initially I'd say that it has something to do with the OS on the Miui device, or more directly; it's your device.
    However, that doesn't mean that we can't or won't help out as much as we can.  Would you be able to provide some additional information about your mobile device, like a screenshot of the 'About' area, any information in System, etc.  Please redact any sensitive information prior to posting the images.  This can help us to troubleshoot it more for you.
    Please know however, that the Fing team does their best to ensure that the Fing mobile app works on nearly all devices running specific hardware and software compliance.  This unfortunately may be one of the issues where we did not have that device in order to in-house test things.
    I look forward to hearing from you again.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin_from_FingrootedRichCreedy
  • jmarcelino
    jmarcelino Gotham CityMember Posts: 10
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    bbohms said:
    Hi,

Have an issue receiving fing app notifications (network device status) on my miui 12 device. On my pixel 3a device app notifications work fine. Have given the app about all the rights I can think of in miui 12, auto start, no battery restrictions, etc. Is miui 12 blocking fing notifications?  Other app notifications eventually work fine in miui 12. 

KR
    Hello there, I'm using MIUI on some devices and.... yes, there must be some bug on MIUI notification, it's not a "feature"...