Solid Red LED still illuminated

Chris92
Chris92 Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
I connected my new fingbox to my home network but I am unable to turn the red led to blue.  I have fing - network scanner v 9.1.4 iphone app and fing 2.2.0 desktop apps which are very different from the posted videos on the internet.  I have also tried the fing.app.com to resolve the issue....

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris92 welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    How is your device connected to your LAN?  Is it directly connected to the router/gateway?
    The red light typically means that the device is attempting to attach itself to your network, so the best place for it to be connected is at your router.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    In addition to @kltaylor advice, please follow the troubleshooting on this article: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/
    Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Chris92
    Thank you very much for both of your help, unfortunately no progress.
    @kltaylor the fingbox is directly connected to my ZXHN H298N router. 
      There is an IPv6 DHCP Server enabled and an anti hacking protection enabled but these anti hacking levels are all IPv4.
    Robin I looked at the knowledge base information for led status information nothing specific about a solid red light. 
    The unfortunately the current fing app.com gear has "delete this network / merge with other networks / syn customerizations / change alerts of all devices".  the specific item described in the instructions is no longer present.
    Regards
    Chris

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Chris92

I would like to confirm if the ethernet cable is not broken. Also, Can you restart the Fingbox and router and check if the Led color changes. I would also like you to try any Cat 6 or Cat 7 cable.

If you experience issues with network connectivity for Fingbox, you can either increase the network size on Fing App. 

To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

Or, you can check if the Ip address assigned to Fingbox is not being used by other Device which disconnects the Fingbox from the connection. I would request you to assign a Static IP address to Fingbox which will help us to isolate the issue. Assigning Static IP address to most devices is easy, just go to its network settings, look for DHCP option and turn it OFF. Once you do that, you'll see a text area to enter Static IP address. Enter the new IP address there, save changes. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
  • Chris92
    Hi @Robin,  thank you for your help, progress so far
    I have swapped the cable (both proven CAT 5Es) and port into which the fingbox was connected into on the router.  I power cycled the fingbox and after a few minutes (boot time) it returned to a solid red led.  I rebooted the route and the fingbox status remains unchanged. 
    With respect to the Fing app(s).
     the app.fing.com avatar in the top right of my screen only provides: account, setting, invite a friend, support, send us feedback, internet & outage and logout options.
    Fing desktop no avatar in the top right.  or obvious root to change app settings.
    The information within the "apple app" is under account then app settings...  I've updated the setting no change yet.
    More later
    kltaylor
  • Chris92
    Its got a GREEN LED NOW :>
    Process I followed
    Discovered the fing IP address (by moving the fing from my router to wifi switch IP address and power cycled the fing. 
    The desktop and apple apps both highlighted the new device and IP address.  I typed this into a web browser on my PC and got a web page "Fing device recognition" stating "Your device is being recognized, thank you!"
    Thank you everyone for your help.
    Chris

Robin_from_Fingkltaylor