Since Fingbox returned from RMA for power issue cannot connect to it

Kermdaddy
Kermdaddy Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited September 12, 2020 in Fingbox #1
Hi,
I had sent my FIngbox to be repaired. It is working and showing up on my network but it isn't on my account anymore.  Could I possibly get it moved back over to my current account?

Thanks,
Kermit

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Kermdaddy, I moved this to the Fingbox area for relevance.  I am guessing that the Fingbox you now have is not the original (most vendors send a different one on a warranty RMA swap, Apple being one).  That’s probably why your no longer seeing it and Fing traditionally does not have an upgrade path for their Fingboxes.  

@Robin or @Ciaran, would @Kermdaddy need to add this like a new one or can you do some magic to transfer this one back to his account, configured like the old one?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Kermdaddy
    I did also try to add it like it was brand new but it never showed up as new on my network.  It had the blue lights signiufing something new added to the network but I don't have any of the options to block/add/etc to do anything.  It does show up as a device but not one I can control.  I am really at a loss of what to do next so I came here to ask for help..
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2020 #4
    Could you still see the old one?  I’m wondering if its still listed as to whether you would need to delete the old network before you could add it?  But we really need the Fing folks to chime in as I don’t want you to do anything that could wipe out your existing settings if you don’t need to.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Kermdaddy
    As far as I can tell it si the new one.  It wasn't named the same.  I tried adding a fingbox to the app several times on several networks and it never found it.  
  • Kermdaddy
    My account doesn't even have a fingbox currently attributed to it.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Kermdaddy said:
    My account doesn't even have a fingbox currently attributed to it.
    Can you please DM me the MAC address of your Fingbox so I can check? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Kermdaddy
    Robin did you get my dm?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Kermdaddy said:
    Robin did you get my dm?
    Yes, I did. I have replied to you privately. Please reply there. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!