How to close Fing after closing it?

EMacUSComEMacUSCom Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment
Just installed Fing Desktop for Windows.
when i close the app, it remains open in the windows tray and i have to close it from there also.
How do i quite Fing Desktop completely when i close the app?
Eduardo Macias

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 762
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

That is the correct way, there is a background service that runs to provide functionality.

• EMacUSComEMacUSCom Member Posts: 4
    I am not talking about the Fing Agent Service.  I am talking about the desktop application itself.  When you close the application, it keeps running in the background until you go to the tray, right click the Fing icon and select Quit.  Is there a way for Fing Desktop to Quit when you close the Desktop Application. 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    EMacUSCom said:
    I am not talking about the Fing Agent Service.  I am talking about the desktop application itself.  When you close the application, it keeps running in the background until you go to the tray, right click the Fing icon and select Quit.  Is there a way for Fing Desktop to Quit when you close the Desktop Application. 
    If you want to change the Minimize to System tray settings you can do that by clicking on version number of Fing Desktop on the bottom corner and click "Preferences". 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Robin said:
    EMacUSCom said:
    If you want to change the Minimize to System tray settings you can do that by clicking on version number of Fing Desktop on the bottom corner and click "Preferences". 
    Robin, thanks for the answer.
    I cannot find that setting. 

admin
    Hi @EMacUSCom
    Can you check under Task manager if the application is enabled to start up upon boot from there? The settings on Fing desktop seems to be fine.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Robin said:
    Hi @EMacUSCom
    Can you check under Task manager if the application is enabled to start up upon boot from there? The settings on Fing desktop seems to be fine.
    The application does not start up upon boot (this is not the problem).  
    I want the application to EXIT when I close the Fing App window; in other words, I do not want to have to go the system tray to right click and exit every time i want to close it all. 
    Is this possible or not?
    Eduardo Macias

admin
    EMacUSCom said:
    The application does not start up upon boot (this is not the problem).  
    I want the application to EXIT when I close the Fing App window; in other words, I do not want to have to go the system tray to right click and exit every time i want to close it all. 
    Is this possible or not?
    Eduardo Macias

I am investigating internally and I will get back to you with an update. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)