Speed test scheduled report not working

AJShaikhAJShaikh Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
edited September 15 in Fing App Tips & Tricks

I have set for a Speed Test report to run every day at 8am but I receive no report.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,828
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @AJShaikh
    The speed test that you have set is automatic and the report will be sent by end of month. The report is not set on daily basis. No matter how many speed test you set, Fing will run those speed test and then send you a monthly report by month-end.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    While I'd like to have a report email when a test is run, I can live with one monthly email.  That way I can scan over it and see if there were any issues that month.  If I need a test ont he fly I'll just run one and watch.
  • AJShaikhAJShaikh Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 10
    Do you mean that when the app says "You can run up to 6 tests each day" it means that test will run daily at defined times but result will only show in Monthly report (and not sent to user every day)?
    admin
    AJShaikh said:
    Do you mean that when the app says "You can run up to 6 tests each day" it means that test will run daily at defined times but result will only show in Monthly report (and not sent to user every day)?
    Yes you are right, it will run 6 times in a day and by end of month you will receive the monthly performance report.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • AJShaikhAJShaikh Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    You say that as if it makes perfect sense! It does not.
    It seems in this case there is a disconnect in what the app was supposed to do and what it actually does. If it is running speed test 6 times a day then it should send a Daily report (so that user can report speed problem to ISP), rather than wait 30 days to know about the results.
    How do I get a Daily report for the daily speed tests?
    admin
    As of now, there is no daily report of the speed test. You can manually check the speed test but no daily reports. You can put this as a suggestion under the Fingbox feature request and vote for it. If many users want this features, then I will pass it on to developers for consideration.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)