Fingbox blinking : and now ?

DavDesDavDes Member Posts: 6
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited September 2020 in Fingbox
Hi,
Until now, when my fingbox v1 was blinking, I just have to open FingApp on my mobile or Fing Desktop to see the warning ; then the blinking was stopping.
Now, I don't see why my box is blinking right-left (blue or green, led colors have fade away). No notifications, no colored dot (except green) on devices, ...
Something in the soft has been broken.
Any idea to find the culprit ?

Best Answers

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hey @DavDes.  Hopefully this will help:
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/
    Here's the only reference to blue and green:
    Green - PulsingReady for activation
    BlueSolid lightNormal operation. Connected & operating as expected
    BluePulsing/Half circles alternatingNew device detected: open Fing app to recognise or block them!
    Marc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @DavDes did you not get an app notification or an email of a new device?  If not set that up in the app.  You'll then get notified anytime a new device connects.

Answers

• DavDesDavDes Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, it's a new device detected.
    After browsing on my App all menus, I found under Notifications a New device.
    It's sad not to have a red dot on the menu to say "Hey something here".
    I'm quite sure this notification was visible from the main dashboard in the beginning. I've near 50 alive devices at home and I don't remember to have to dig so deep to extinct the warnings.
    Again, thanks for your help.
    Yes I did. But now to extinct the blinking led, I have to dig into deep menus. Before, in 2 or 3 moves it was done.
    Anyway, I found the way.
    Lee_Bo
    ✭✭✭✭
    DavDes said:
    Yes I did. But now to extinct the blinking led, I have to dig into deep menus. Before, in 2 or 3 moves it was done.
    Anyway, I found the way.
    Yeah, the app has gone through some changes that I really don't like, but it is what it is.
    I give up. My Fingbox is blinking since 2 days and I'm not able to find why, neither Android or Desktop app. It's crazy. Except boring "Go premium" on every actions, Fing should go back to basics : serve the customer (yes, we are customers, because we paid the fingbox).
    I'm tired of this blinking for unknown reason, I remove all. Fingbox was a fantastic idea, but since they introduce Premium, they lost the first things for end-user : ease of use, ergonomics, consistency.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @DavDes
    I have sent you a private message to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    As requested, I booted again (I removed the fingbox for real) my fingbox and the blink is no more visible. Weird.