defective fingbox, power plug broke inside.

ElizabethElizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
I do not move my fingbox after pluging it in.  the fingbox told me to unplug my machine from the power cord and when I try to plug it back in, the inner connection broke and I cannot plug it in. There is no where to get warranty.  I bought this thing when you first had it in san francisco with the pick up party!

Answers

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elizabeth said:
    I do not move my fingbox after pluging it in.  the fingbox told me to unplug my machine from the power cord and when I try to plug it back in, the inner connection broke and I cannot plug it in. There is no where to get warranty.  I bought this thing when you first had it in san francisco with the pick up party!
    Sorry to hear that, but the original Fingbox was released October 2017.  That makes it almost 3 years old.  Not really sure if there would still be a warranty on that device.  Maybe it's time to invest in a v 2.0 device?
  • ElizabethElizabeth Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

I was trying to ask questions about warranty but there is no questions asked before.

I should have plug it in and out many times during the warranty time. I plug in and did not have to touch it again until yesterday.

No the usb plug is inside the unit rattling. I cannot even plug it in to have power. Basically the unit was already in the verge of defective but it was hanging on because I never had to unplug it until yesterday.

So no, I am not going to buy a v 2. It was already defective before I bought it!

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited September 2020
    Hi @Elizabeth
    I have sent you a private message to address this query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!