Open ports on laptop. Concerned about port '12345'. Is it a sign that my computers been compromised?
I'm abit worried about the results that I got from scanning the open ports on my laptop. Especially the port '12345' as I searched it up and came back with results on it being some sort of remote control software that's linked to it.
Plus the names for each port next to '139' and '12345' seem quite similar. So I'm wondering if theres connected in some way?
I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not sure on what it means. And if there would be anyway to close it?
Also how would these ports have opened?
Sorry, if that's a little vague I'm not too sure how to phrase the questions directly. As I dont really know much about ports.
- 5K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 942 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 102 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.5K Ask about Fing
- 428 Fing Account Change Request
- 901 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 470 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 150 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides