I just sent a ping to my Mac. And it only showed red lines with an X at the top of them?

Best Answers

• RWildRWild Member Posts: 48
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Answer
    ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    A red line means there was no response to a ping. What you are seeing is what you get if the target host does not exist or is not working. Are you sure your Mac's IP address is 10.0.0.4? Is that supposed to be a wired or wireless connection? I sometimes have trouble with the wireless connection on my Mac getting dropped and have to reconnect (and check if it got a new IP address) to be able to ping.
    Lee_Bo
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 273
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    RWild said:
    A red line means there was no response to a ping. 
    Bingo!!!!!!
  • RWildRWild Member Posts: 48
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Answer
    ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Happy_Life63 - any new information? If you have another suitable device (phone, PC), can you ping 10.0.0.4? 
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,079
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer

Yes that answered my question thanks everyone for responding!!

I did register for the prime account today. But it is not activating for some reason on my Mac and iPhone which are the two I am try to use it on. So now I’m trying to figure that out.

If you right click on your name on Fing desktop, then it will refresh the account and if you have purchased premium then it will be automatically updated on your account.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Happy_Life63Happy_Life63 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Yes that answered my question thanks everyone for responding!!

I did register for the prime account today. But it is not activating for some reason on my Mac and iPhone which are the two I am try to use it on. So now I’m trying to figure that out.