Wrong ISP/Invalid Internet Provider Message

Hello, I've been using Fing for about 6 months and my ISP always shows up as Consolidated Smart Systems, which is what I have. Today though, it shows my ISP as Verizon Business. I called Consolidated and they don't know why. I later clicked on compare providers and got a message that read "Invalid Internet Provider. It seems your provider is compromised. It's better to update your network set up coming back to the home. If the problem persists try to close and start the Fing app again." With a "refresh connection" button underneath. What does any of this mean? Although Fing still shows Verizon Business as my ISP, if I go to whoismyisp.org it correctly shows Consolidated Smarty Systems. What's going on?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @ricfranco
    For ISP name detection, I would like to tell you that we use GEOIP2 City Database API by MaxMind. And they update their database every week. If the Fing App shows a different ISP name rather than what you use, It is because the same name is picked up GEOIP2 City Database. The ISP name is identified based on the public IP address by Fing App and then it is matched against the GEOIP2 City Database API. 
    I will pass on your feedback to our developers for investigation and update our database accordingly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!