Can't install fingbox

indygadgetguyindygadgetguy Member Posts: 5
First Comment
Hello,
I've tried several different times to install my new fingbox. The white got to flashing green, but my app never finds it. I've installed it on a switch and directly to the router. (Orbi RB50). Still no dice. I've attempted ten times. And yes, I am on the same WiFi network. Any solutions? If not, I'll be sending this $99 back to Amazon. So far, not impressed, especially at this price point. 

Best Answer

• indygadgetguyindygadgetguy Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Accepted Answer
    Hi all, activation finally took. Instead of using the add a fing box option, I did a routine scan of my network and the app detected the new box.  I had to do the procedure twice before it activated. Dang odd, but I'm up and running.
    MarcCiaran

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,201
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @indygadgetguy, lets see if the Fing folks can help you out.  @Robin or @Ciaran, could one of you help out here?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • PapabearPapabear Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hello - I have the same exact issue - Finally found the FingBox after scanning my network but the installation process failed - @Robin or @Ciaran, why is this not working? Please let me know how to best proceed :)

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,102
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Papabear, I have sent you a private mail as we will need more information from you to investigate & troubleshoot further. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DavidPDXDavidPDX Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Hello, I have tried to activate the fingbox unsuccessfully for 2 days. ready to return it. is there a human I can speak too. no helpful search results here

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,201
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidPDX , let me tag @Ciaran and @Robin from Fing to see if they can guide you.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    First Comment
    many thanks, Marc.  Please note my fresh post on this topic with more info. 
    admin
    @DavidPDX Thank you for your update. I am sorry to hear you are having issues initiating your Fingbox. I presume the Fingbox is connected directly into the router and you have followed the steps as per the following knowledge Base article? https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/how-connect-fingbox-to-network/
    In the meantime, I will send you a private mail to get more information off of you to trouble shoot directly. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment
    Hi Ciaran, thanks for the fast reply. I have attempted activation by attaching to fingbox directly to the router ()see my pother post for details) and do my switch, that is, on 'both sides' of the eero. No luck either way
    admin
    Thanks, I cannot see your other post (beside the comments on this post) however, if you could respond directly with the information requesting via the mail I have just sent you, we can then investigate further for you. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment
    Hi, I replied to your email. Thanks