Can I get more detailed information regarding "warnings" and "problems" for debugging please?

jneradjnerad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 15
10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
edited August 2020 in Fing Desktop
I keep getting notifications including "You have warnings on current network" and "You have connectivity problems" with no further information to determine the issues involved. Is there any way to get more detailed information regarding these issues so I can try to fix them or at least alleviate them? The notifications, as they stand are of little or no help whatsoever.

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    jnerad said:
    It's the desktop app.

The notification you are referring comes when your device was either in sleep mode or the Fing desktop was unable to connect to the internet. When you click on the notification, it takes you to home tab to either re-run the scan or check if there is any error. When you manually scan or refresh the network, then Fing desktop re-runs the network scan and is able to talk to its servers and run the checks identifying everything is working alright.  

The Connectivity alert is only for that particular time when Fing desktop was unable to run checks due to the device was in sleep mode or the internet was disconnected. You can always refresh the scan to make sure if everything is working alright at the current time.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,145
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jnerad, is this via the mobile app or the desktop app?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • jneradjnerad Member, Beta Tester Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    It's the desktop app.