I want to replace an old FingBox with a new one

EugenioEugenio Member Posts: 3
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
I want to replace a old v1 FingBox with anew v2 and use the old one to monitor another network. I found the instruction to move a FingBox here: https://community.fing.com/discussion/2033/moved-my-fingbox but:
  1. I can’t find a deactivate command swiping the FingBox network to the left, only a “home” and a “trash” icons which I’m not sure do what I need, I tried the home button and it seems it just removes the network from the home screen. I didn’t try the trash button, yet, as I’m afraid it’ll do something not undoable
  2. I want to retain all the old FingBox devices configurations (alias, icons, locations, etc.) should I just connect the new FingBox and activate it on the old network?
Any hint? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,201
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @Eugenio, to remove your fingbox, you need to remove its network.  Click on the home screen, then scroll down to the selection for all networks, then click on it.  It should display the network your Fingbox is on.  Swipe left and choose delete.  That will remove your Fingbox’s network and by association your Fingbox.  Unplug it and install your new one, use the Fing mobile app to add the new device. (You can find that selection under account - settings - add Fingbox)

Regretfully, there is no upgrade automation so you will have a bit of work to do....

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks @Marc
    To continue your advise, @Eugenio If you have a new look Fingbox, then as of now, there is no way to transfer the data from Fingbox V1 to V2. Only data related to Fing App will be able to view and transfer like all device customizations. All data related to Fingbox like Digital Fence and Presence and settings will be lost. 

Also, if you will stop using V1 Box, please reset the Fingbox unit and make sure it is not connected to your Fing account so the other user can associate to their Fing Account. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• EugenioEugenio Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks, @Marc. So it seems it could be a good suggestion for an enhancement, that is having the possibility to replace an old FingBox with a new one without losing the network, it may happen for several reasons, a broken FingBox or an "upgrade" like mine, for example. I'll add it to the feature requests thread.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw your suggestion and upvoted it.  It’s long overdue... You should vote on it as well.
    Eugeniogyre
  • naterutlandnaterutland Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    I had a v1 fingbox that had isssues and the reset button finally broke on it.  I have a v2 and I'm trying to register.  I deleted fingbox and all networks possible from my account.  Still only get blue light and "fingbox already registered" when I try to search on app.  I have premium account.  Please help... thank you
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @naterutland, could you please create a new thread with your issue in the Fingbox section?  It would get greater visibility if you did.
    naterutland
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @naterutland
    I have sent you a private mail to address your issue. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!