Managing blocked devices

KevinSpeicher
KevinSpeicher Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
I have a Fingbox and it is set to automatically block new unknown devices.
It recently reported that it had blocked a new device.
The report shows only that it tried to acquire 192.168.1.1 (suspicious) but it provides no further information about MAC address, or device type, ...
The only options appear to be to unblock the device, which seems unwise, or to dismiss the notification.
Why is so little information displayed?
Tagged:

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @KevinSpeicher
    Fingbox can only identify the device MAC and type based on the MAC address which is trying to join. If the Fingbox is not able to read the MAC then only information that can be extracted will be obtained.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • larry47905
    larry47905 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    How do you unblock a new Apple I pad?
  • larry47905
    Photogenic First Comment
    Fing blocked my new I pad.  I do not know where to start other than disconnecting my Fing,
  • Z2020
    Z2020 Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    With your device that run Fing app. Then you can unblock your iPad as new device
  • larry47905
    Photogenic First Comment
    My Fing showed double my devices. Nothing would work. I unplugged my Fing and everything s working.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    My Fing showed double my devices. Nothing would work. I unplugged my Fing and everything s working.
    Can you share the screenshot of the error? I would like you to make sure all devices are connected to your network on which the Fing App is currently connected to. If you are connected to the 5ghz network and Fing is connected to the 2.4ghz network even though they all have the same name, you might not see the devices connected under the Device tab. And, if the router has multiple network interface which provides multiple frequencies(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), and the devices are able to connect to multiple access points then you will see multiple names but only one will be active at a time and others will be greyed out. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!