Multiple access point changes

I just hade 16 accees point mac address changes and last night had 465 devices blocked in a matter of 45 seconds. Anyone have any insight

Answers

• turbonemesis
    turbonemesis Member Posts: 18
    5 Answers 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
    ✭✭

I think it’s safe to say nobody on here is going to come to your rescue. I had similar things happen to me in the past and at the end of the day you just got to trust your intuition and do what you think is best for you. Whether that be getting a more secure router or whatever it may be, I’d recommend the eero pro mesh routers personally. That is the most secure router I have found to date. Not even the gryphon routers compare in terms of security. The eeros might not tell you who is attempting to hack you, but they will let you know which of your devices are hacked, which is all that really matters at the end of the day, because without that critical bit of information then all your devices can quickly become hacked. There are tools you can deploy yourself to dig deeper, I use elasticsearch and packetbeat myself currently. It helps me dig deeper into all the interconnections and whatnot. Tbh I’m wondering if the fingbox itself can become hacked, but only time will tell. Regardless, welcome to the life of trying to keep out hackers my friend.

Paulbrooks
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,725
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Paulbrooks
    Are you using any external firewall or mesh network system which might explain these network gateway changes.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Paulbrooks
  • Paulbrooks
    Paulbrooks Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I have a mesh conncted but wjy after 6 monyhs or so why happen now and not when installed. How do i factory reset to out of box?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,725
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin

I have a mesh conncted but wjy after 6 monyhs or so why happen now and not when installed. How do i factory reset to out of box?

I would like you to follow these steps: 

1) Turn off the router/extenders and Fingbox 

2) Wait for a minute or two. 

3) Make the connection of Fingbox with the router directly if not done already. If you are using an extender/switch, then make the connection with it. 

4) Only Turn on the router and then wait for another minute or Two. 

5) Turn on the other network device like Switch/Extenders and then wait for a minute or two. 

6) Turn on the Fingbox and then re-install the Fing App after clearing up the cache as well. 

7) Sign in with the Fing App 

Also, if your mesh devices have mac randomization feature, you might need to disable that in order to stop the alerts and these random access points. Please also get in touch with your device manufacture for guidance.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Paulbrooks
    Paulbrooks Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Ok @Robin I will try that when I get home. Let u know how it turns out. Thank

Robin_from_Fing