Notifications for wrong ISP

nigmarc
nigmarc Member Posts: 2
First Comment
I used to live in NYC and used to be on Verizon. I moved off Verizon about a year ago and moved out of NYC several months ago.
However, since I first got my Fingbox I have periodically received notifications in Spanish (which I don't speak) for Verizon outages in NYC. I'm still getting these. Any ideas how this might be happening and how I'd stop it?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @nigmarc

We have recently introduced new settings for our Web App whereby you can select the language preference for notifications received. To do this, please go the web application of Fing i.e. https://app.fing.com/ .

From there, please follow the steps below: 

· Login to your Fing account with the registered e-mail address.

· Click on the ‘Avatar’ and then choose ‘Settings’.

· From the drop-down list of languages, select your desired language and click ‘Save Settings’.

· Logout from your Mobile Application and then log back in again.

Your desired language is now set.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • nigmarc
    nigmarc Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thanks, I have changed this, but it doesn't address why I'm getting outage notifications for an ISP that I no longer subscribe to
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    nigmarc said:
    Thanks, I have changed this, but it doesn't address why I'm getting outage notifications for an ISP that I no longer subscribe to

For the alerts, I will share some insight. 

We launched a new outage detection service. This Internet outage detection is a free service that provides you awareness of your Internet connectivity quality, status, and issues. You will be able to get answers to all your Internet questions in real-time like: Is the Internet down for everyone or just me? Is my ISP really delivering good service? What ISP works best for me? 

Check out the new internet outage detection site here: https://internet.fing.io 

It seems like you have not updated the new home location for this and the old location is still saved.

You can log in to Internet outage detection via your existing Fing account. Just make sure your new home location and ISP are set-up correctly so you can start receiving notifications about outages affecting your ISP. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!