Network history for a device using the Fing App

tourigatouriga Member Posts: 31
10 Comments 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭
Please can you add a device-centric view of the world in addition to a nework-centric view of the world.  With this I could view the network history of the device including the ability to drill into events for the device on each network. 

You have all the information already stored I believe.  All that is necessary is to provide screen navigation and a query to list networks by device in addition to devices by network.  I should then be able to drill down to exactly the same information that I have access to when viewing a device by its network.
GSTAVCvers
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• tourigatouriga Member Posts: 31
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    When troubleshooting it is sometimes necessary to have a record of a device's IP address history.  When looking at the detail of a device you can review events, but these appear only to be going online or offline.  Please can you add an event type "IP address change". 
    ✭✭✭
    Please can you add a device-centric view of the world in addition to a nework-centric view of the world.  With this I could view the network history of the device including the ability to drill into events for the device on each network. 

You have all the information already stored I believe.  All that is necessary is to provide screen navigation and a query to list networks by device in addition to devices by network.  I should then be able to drill down to exactly the same information that I have access to when viewing a device by its network.

e.g. I use my mobile phone on a number of networks.  I would like to select my device and then see a history of network activity/events over time.  When I joined/left each network and other events while connected to that network.
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    When troubleshooting it is sometimes necessary to have a record of a device's IP address history.  When looking at the detail of a device you can review events, but these appear only to be going online or offline.  Please can you add an event type "IP address change".