Question mark in yellow field

CarloCarlo Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
Sorry for ignorance
but what does a question mark mean in a yellow field in the list of devices; see screen shot.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks for the post @Carlo
    I am sure @Marc will be able to guide you clearly on this one. Thanks :smile:

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carlo, this is a stealthy little addition to the desktop that Fing just introduced.  Let me give you a quote from an unnamed Fing expert...   ;)

” The (?) icon is the new addition to Fing desktop for added security. It is to identify any intruder and acknowledge if the device is known or not. You can check the release notes for this addition on Fing desktop by clicking on the Fing desktop version. If you recognize a device and if you click "Confirm its yours" then Fing desktop will remember that for next time. Whenever a new device will connect to the network, it will display a ? icon next to it.“

Its actually a pretty cool feature.  if you click through to the device, you will now see a selection to acknowledge the device..  Think of it this way, once you ack your known devices, this will highlight anything new to your system so you have the knowledge to take the appropriate action to either investigate and properly tag it or take steps to remove it from you network.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    RobinCiaran
  • CarloCarlo Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi Marc
    Thanks a lot for the very fast response.
    I provide to census my devices on time.
    Regards