I have tried to contact Fing to transfer my Fing Box to another user twice but no response from them

I have tried to contact Fing to transfer my Fing Box to another user twice but no response from them.  Terrible customer service.

Answers

• bluetoothdonbluetoothdon Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Terrible customer service

First Comment Photogenic
    Notified that the account email was changed but I am still getting emails from the Fing service saying the Fing is going off line and on line.

First Comment Photogenic
    New user says I'm trying to activate the fingbox from time to time with no success.
    Have you sent the email from the account currently associated with the device? Otherwise they will not deal with it from the security reasons."
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 853
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi, firstly, I am very surprised to hear. From our records, we reached out to you in early July regarding disassociating a Fingbox from your account (as apparently you sold the unit). You authorised this change, which we accordingly did and you expressed your gratitude for this. Hence, I am not sure what has occured since. We have not received another ticket (or indeed response to the initial ticket that we set up) or any post on Community?? Can you confirm what method of contact you attempted? Once confirmed, we will then be able to follow up further for you. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Lee_Bo
  • Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 164
    100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Ciaran said:
    Hi, firstly, I am very surprised to hear. From our records, we reached out to you in early July regarding disassociating a Fingbox from your account (as apparently you sold the unit). You authorised this change, which we accordingly did and you expressed your gratitude for this. Hence, I am not sure what has occured since. We have not received another ticket (or indeed response to the initial ticket that we set up) or any post on Community?? Can you confirm what method of contact you attempted? Once confirmed, we will then be able to follow up further for you. Thanks

There's ALWAYS two sides to a customer service complaint.  Just saying.  :-)
    First Comment Photogenic
    I sent you (Robin) my email, I sent the new users email to Robin, and the new user can't send you a comment or email as you have not made the transfer to his login.  Why can't you just give a proper contact address instead of making people go through this community portal?
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    edited July 30
    Hi @bluetoothdon
    Regarding your query, I replied to you the very next day of your DM. I am not sure if you are still facing trouble or if the change of email address didn't work if you can confirm. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Igor_AltIgor_Alt Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi @Robin
    I am the new user of this Fingbox. Have tried to add it to my account right now, but the app still said me that the Fingbox is already activated.
    Robin said:
    Hi @bluetoothdon
    Regarding your query, I replied to you the very next day of your DM. I am not sure if you are still facing trouble or if the change of email address didn't work if you can confirm. 

The change of email address didn't work. The previous owner (the seller) receives notifications when I (the buyer) turn the Fingbox on and off. And when I try to connect it to my account, it fails with message that the Fingbox is already activated.
    First Comment Photogenic
    Robin,
    I received no Direct Mail from you, only Fing Community messages that I can't answer.  Please send another direct mail so I can correspond with you outside of this community board.
    admin
    Thanks @bluetoothdon @Igor_Alt
    As I can see from the MAC address of the Fingbox, it is already active on your account @Igor_Alt and is working actively but if you are not able to see the Fingbox then I am creating a support ticket for you and please confirm if you are signed in with correct email address and if possible share the screenshot of Fing app settings page. Thanks

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    edited July 31
    Robin said:
    Thanks @bluetoothdon @Igor_Alt
    As I can see from the MAC address of the Fingbox, it is already active on your account @Igor_Alt and is working actively but if you are not able to see the Fingbox then I am creating a support ticket for you and please confirm if you are signed in with correct email address and if possible share the screenshot of Fing app settings page. Thanks

I'm signed in with my email in the app as you can see in the attached screenshot. The only anomaly I can see is that my nickname in the app is ialt while in the forum here it's Igor_Alt.
    (Removed the screenshot for privacy reasons. Sent privately to @Robin)

@Robin
    How can I track the support ticket? Nothing has changed in the meantime.
    admin
    Igor_Alt said:
    @Robin
    How can I track the support ticket? Nothing has changed in the meantime.
    I have replied to your ticket. You can track the ticket by checking the email from me.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)