Confused

guruunoguruuno Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
Early adopter to get Fingbox.
One of the very 1st to get.
I now see that you want to charge $ for something that was supposed to be inclusive of "first out the gate" early adoption of your product.
I was of the belief that being an early adopter, kickstart or whatever appropriated free services.
Please clarify why you now want $ for higher level functionality.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @guruuno

Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. We now have 3 Fing product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App
    2. Fing Desktop
    3. Fingbox

From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

Fing Desktop allows a far more precise engine than the Fing mobile app, but doesn’t require a purchase of dedicated hardware.

All existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. It is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected. Fing Desktop is a completely different product to Fingbox. None of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

We have released Fing Desktop 2.0 on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software).

In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ option, with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!