my network display under fing desktop 2.0 does not show the same devices as fing under ios

placidlakeguyplacidlakeguy Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
my iPhone is missing when I scan for devices under the new desktop fing. fing on my iphone and on my ipad show all devices. when i try to ping the address of the iphone it says that it is an invalid address. all other devices (including the ipad) show up on the fing desktop display. very confusing.

Answers

• turbonemesisturbonemesis Member Posts: 18
    5 Answers 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Is your iphone online and on the same network as your computer when you scanned from fing desktop for the first time? Once it registers a device, it will remember it regardless, but the first time you scan you need to make sure all your devices are online and on the same network. There is also a difference between scanning your active network connection vs scanning using your fingbox's network itself. For that, I'd check you access points on your phone and make sure your current access point is protected by your fingbox.
    Robin
  • turbonemesisturbonemesis Member Posts: 18
    5 Answers 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Also, the desktop application is a separate product and it does not work with or require a fingbox, therefore that could also be why your devices are different. I touched on this in my first comment but this should clarify things a little. Good luck my friend!