Premium account questions

HobbesHobbes Member Posts: 12
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Hi,
I thought I'd give "Fing Premium" a try, and on the dashboard, it indicates that:
You haven't connected any Fingbox device to your account yet
and yet, I have my fingbox attached, and my iOS Fing app sees it. How can I fix that?
Also, how do I access premium features on my iOS Fing app?
Thanks,
  -- Mark

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Hobbes
    Fing desktop is a separate product than Fing mobile app and Fingbox. Can you share the screenshot of the error so I can guide you better?
    Please also refer to the FAQ's of Fing desktop: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fing-desktop-faqs/
    Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HobbesHobbes Member Posts: 12
    here's the screenshot of my dashboard.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Hobbes
    This screen lets you know if you have connected any Fingbox to your network. Can you confirm if you have a Fingbox device?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HobbesHobbes Member Posts: 12
    Heh. Yep. Looking at the pretty blue ring.

Yesterday, my "iOS fing app" indicated that the fing box needs to be activated ... why? I don't know.  :/
    I have had the fing box for several years (since it first came out!) and it's been functioning well. I have had to replace the router, and then changed the network SSIDs and IP addresses, so that may be confusing it. it also displays my "guest" wifi SSID as the network name. I'm not sure how it determines what name to display.

But, now that it's (re)activated, it also shows up on the dashboard. So, my initial query has been answered.

I am finding the relationship between "Fing Desktop", "Fing App (iOS)", and the Fingbox a little bit vague, nebulous, and confusing.
    The FAQ did help a bit -- it seems to me that the "Fing Desktop" doesn't integrate as tightly with the Fingbox as the iOS Fing App does. I'll have to play with the software some more.

Thanks for your help,

-- Mark
    Robin