Fingbox EOL

Sl1ck
Sl1ck Member Posts: 1
I have been using Fing for Personal and Commercial situations for years and have recommeneded the app many times over. (even when the UI changes to a jumbled mess for a few months, before a dev decides the old way looked best) I was so impressed all those years ago, I bought a Gen 1 fingbox followed up by a Gen 2 aka Blue Network UFO as my family called it. I have come to find out that everything is being moved over to a subscription model stripping out all of the excellent features and having owners of Fingboxes essentially with nothing. I am now a free plan customer with 2 devices in 2 households which are essentially useless plastic.

There is literally nothing else that did what you guys did in such a clean, cogent and concise way. I really don't want this to be a price thing but the boxes were not cheap to put it lightly; surely at a minimum I should retain the premium features for my own network, if not others. 

Is there some way to rectify this?
Net1

Answers

• Net1
    Net1 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I look forward to reading an official reply on this question.  I also bought a Fingbox from which reporting features are now unavailable unless I subscribe.  This does not seem ethical and I'm not sure if it is entirely legal.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your post. To address your queries, All existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. It is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected. Fing Desktop is a completely different product to Fingbox. None of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

We have released Fing Desktop 2.0 on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software).

In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ option, with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools

Download Fing Desktop 2.0here 

We now have 3 Fing product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App
    2. Fing Desktop
    3. Fingbox

Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

Fing Desktop allows a far more precise engine than the Fing mobile app, but doesn’t require a purchase of a dedicated hardware.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!