Fingbox EOL

Sl1ckSl1ck Member Posts: 1
I have been using Fing for Personal and Commercial situations for years and have recommeneded the app many times over. (even when the UI changes to a jumbled mess for a few months, before a dev decides the old way looked best) I was so impressed all those years ago, I bought a Gen 1 fingbox followed up by a Gen 2 aka Blue Network UFO as my family called it. I have come to find out that everything is being moved over to a subscription model stripping out all of the excellent features and having owners of Fingboxes essentially with nothing. I am now a free plan customer with 2 devices in 2 households which are essentially useless plastic.

There is literally nothing else that did what you guys did in such a clean, cogent and concise way. I really don't want this to be a price thing but the boxes were not cheap to put it lightly; surely at a minimum I should retain the premium features for my own network, if not others. 

Is there some way to rectify this?
Net1

Answers

• Net1Net1 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I look forward to reading an official reply on this question.  I also bought a Fingbox from which reporting features are now unavailable unless I subscribe.  This does not seem ethical and I'm not sure if it is entirely legal.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your post. To address your queries, All existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. It is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected. Fing Desktop is a completely different product to Fingbox. None of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

We have released Fing Desktop 2.0 on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software).

In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ option, with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools

Download Fing Desktop 2.0here 

We now have 3 Fing product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App
    2. Fing Desktop
    3. Fingbox

Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

Fing Desktop allows a far more precise engine than the Fing mobile app, but doesn’t require a purchase of a dedicated hardware.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!