Having issues connecting to Fing over Ethernet

mltmcne
mltmcne Member Posts: 11
First Comment Photogenic

Android v10 Pixel 4 issues with the app showing inconsistent data. When compared to another Fing box installed over WiFi the app, using same hardware as mentioned above, works as expected.

Not sure of it's the Ethernet to USB - C adapter so have another ordered.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced similar issues

Best Answer

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,897
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mltmcne, I moved this to the Fing App section for better visibility and hopefully to get you someone who might have experienced it.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • mltmcne
    First Comment Photogenic
    bump
  • mltmcne
    First Comment Photogenic

Mark moved there post, the question is still open.

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,897
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Pixelpopper, @kltaylor @Robin , any suggestions for what @mltmcne is experiencing?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,145
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited August 6, 2020 #7
    Hi @mltmcne
    Just to understand your issue, you have connected your mobile device with ethernet cable and then you are using the Fing app. Is it correct? Can you also share the screenshot of the error? thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mltmcne
    First Comment Photogenic
    1. Yes, my phone is hardwired to the network using an USB C to RJ45 adapter. I validated the device was indeed connected by turning off the 4G and could still surf.
    2. Error message - I never received an error message, FB would open as expected but would not provide the same info as the FB I personally own.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,145
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    mltmcne said:
    1. Yes, my phone is hardwired to the network using an USB C to RJ45 adapter. I validated the device was indeed connected by turning off the 4G and could still surf.
    2. Error message - I never received an error message, FB would open as expected but would not provide the same info as the FB I personally own.
    I am seeking further advice on this and I will update you once I have a reply. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mltmcne
    First Comment Photogenic

That is what I thought. I would think I am not the only tech that does not allow WiFi near my data VLAN.

Thanks for your help

Robin_from_Fing