My printer is connected to the network (as Fing correctly shows) but my PC says it's "offline".

Jadw137Jadw137 Member Posts: 6
First Comment Photogenic
Is this something Fing can help with in any way? (On this occasion, I deleted it and reconnected by IP address rather than name.) 

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,350
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jadw137, when you couldn’t connect, could you ping the printer by name?  That would be the first thing i would look at.  Then check your DHCP table to see if the IP address and the device name match or if the device name is even present.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Jadw137Jadw137 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Its a Xerox Versalink C400. Fing shows it as Versalink C400 as does Windows settings. Running ping followed by that name results in a closed window. Can you please tell me how to do it?
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest way might be to delete the printer from your network. If it’s wireless for instance, remove the network from its settings, then re-add it.

Lee_Bo
  • Jadw137Jadw137 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks Marc. The problem is solved for the time being. As mentioned in my original post, I deleted the printer and reconnected it by reference to its IP address. The question  was really aimed at whether Fing could be helpful. 
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There would be nothing Fing could do to fix this situation.

Lee_Bo