Why Fing app gives completely inaccurate information?

The Fing app consistently is saying that it has no internet connection even when running refresh.  However, I have fully functional net connection.  It says one of my mesh wifi connectors is off line, but this is untrue.  It is like the app is just reporting junk.  I can't see why one would pay for this. 

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrT, I moved this to the FingApp section for relevance.  Can you give us a few details on your setup?  Like which mobile OS and version, version of the Fing app, What phone or tablet brand?  Perhaps a screenshot of what your seeing?  

Most people use it successfully so we would want to see if someone on the forums can give you a hand trying to figure out what the issue is.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • DrT
    DrT Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have multiple MacBooks running the latest version of iOS which is currently Catalina 10.5.6.  Fing app version is 2.0.  The 2018 MacBook Pro 15 inch one is docked to allow port replication but even if the network is plugged directly into the MacBook through a USB C connector I get similarly inaccurate information.  Also it is not related to the Fing version or iOS as it was doing the same thing with an earlier version.  I do run ESET software on my Macbooks.  For instance right now it is saying the DNS resolution for Microsoft is not working and gives a (health check code N802)....but with Safari I get to Microsoft just fine.  I am in CA using Comcast/xfinity with my own very new equipment...Netgear cable modem and Linksys router + wireless (both less than 3 months old) with a 1GIG connection.  I have the house wired for ethernet but also can do wireless connection.  This particular error is happening with using the ethernet connection.    Oh, whatever this error codes are they are useless to the user as there is no key to what they mean.  Maybe all the errors is just some play to get one to BUY.  But I already also have a Fing box.   The Fing notifications frequently say I have connectivity problems.  But when I run a speed test or get on the internet everything works fine.  So I do not get what the issue is and there is insufficient information to even figure it out.  
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the in depth reply. @Robin or @Ciaran , please see the above and could you address @DrT ‘s observations?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @DrT
    Can you please share the screenshot of the issue here so I can guide you? Also, Can you disable the eset software and then check if the error is still happening?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!