Where to get more information on frequent notifications of ISP network joined?

dbrowerdbrower Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Using the fing 2.0.0 app, I get several "[ISP] in [PLACE] (192.168.0.0./16) network joined" notification messages a day, with no further explanation why fing thinks this is worthy of my attention.   If I click on the link messages, it just takes me back to the home screen.

(Fing doesn't like my using a full /16 subnet on 192.168.0.0, but I have a lot of devices and Reasons.)

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,119
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking out loud...  could your desktop be going in and out of sleep?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,695
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited July 2020
    Following up on @Marc advice. The notification you are referring to comes when your device was either in sleep mode or the Fing desktop was unable to connect to the internet. When you click on the notification, it takes you to the home tab to either re-run the scan or check if there is any error. When you manually scan or refresh the network, then Fing desktop re-runs the network scan and is able to talk to its servers and run the checks identifying everything is working alright. 

The Connectivity alert is only for that particular time when Fing desktop was unable to run checks due to the device was in sleep mode or the internet was disconnected. You can always refresh the scan to make sure if everything is working alright at the current time. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc
  • dbrowerdbrower Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    The machine is set to be on all the time and never sleep or hibernate, so I don't think that's the underlying issue.   I can believe the app has occasional connectivity issues, but I'd be happier seeing a log to convince myself that is truly what is going on, and it would give me something further to diagnose and track. 

thanks
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,119
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @dbrower, there is a log(s) that the app produces...  You get it by clicking on the version, then clicking on app logs.  Have a look and see if it has anything that might be helpful to troubleshooting.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin