Does fingbox transmit anything in RF?

Igor_AltIgor_Alt Member Posts: 10
Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
Hi,
It seems that my Fingbox is held by customs for government approval. Most likely it means that they suspect the device can transmit in disabled radio frequencies. As far as I understand, the DigitalFence feature only listens the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi range without transmitting nothing. Am I correct? Is there an approving document that I can point to in case the customs ask me for?
Tagged:

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    edited July 20
    Hi @Igor_Alt
    Can you please let me know which country are you in? Also, from where have you ordered the Fingbox?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Igor_AltIgor_Alt Member Posts: 10
    Hi Robin,
    I'm in Israel, ordered from eBay.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 855
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Igor_Alt, yes unfortunately we did experience that with Israeli customs starting from the end of 2018 to early 2019 (previoulsy it was fine, so not sure what changed at customs). Customers were purchasing Fingbox's they were not getting through Israeli customs and ended up getting returned or destroyed. Hence, in early 2019 we stopped selling Fingbox directly to the Israeli market unfortunately. We have not experienced this with any other country customs to date.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Hi @Ciaran,
    Thank you for your answer. Can you please confirm (or disapprove) that the device transmits nothing in RF? Unfortunately, I haven't found the answer in the specs nor in the DigitalFence articles.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Igor_Alt
    I have sent you a private message addressing your query. Please check that if it will help. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Thank you very much @Robin, hopefully it will help.
    Robin
    Well, the Fingbox has successfully passed the Israeli customs and arrived to me and I would like to leave this comment for future buyers from Israel.
    In the form requested by the Ministry of Communications it's important to designate that:
    • The device is for private import and private use, for the home network protection
    • It's a kind of Smart Home device (maybe less important but it's what I've declared)
    • Works in 2.400GHz-2.483GHz
    • As a technical document I've attached a screenshot of the Fing official site where stated that the device does not transmit
    • Finally, in the last page I've marked the purpose of use as "Other" and wrote that the device does not transmit anything and uses the Wi-Fi antenna for passive scanning and recognizing unfamiliar Wi-Fi devices
    Then the Ministry of Communications allowed the import with explanation that once the device does not transit, it does not demand any permission from their side.

Robin