Do you have to subscribe to the Fing Desktop service if you have the Fingbox?

laaubin
laaubin Member Posts: 7
Photogenic First Comment
If a Fingbox user, do you have to subscribe to the Fing service itself?
If no do you get all the same info and control as the Desktop app?

Best Answers

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @laaubin. The short answer is, no. You dont have to subscribe to Fing Desktop.

Fing Desktop was released on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.

In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ option, with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools: download Fing Desktop 2.0, here

Premium Plan info: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

We now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

All Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. Fingbox is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

Thanks

laaubin
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Boudewijn said:
    What worries me is that I cannot see 'all networks' on my FingBox anymore in the Desktop version, though it is there in the iPhone app. That is a serious step backward!
    We have never implemented to select multiple network on Fing desktop. As stated Fing desktop is a separate product and we have not integrated Fing desktop with Fingbox as of now. You can only run the scan against current network on Fing desktop.

Answers

• Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    What service are you referring to?
  • laaubin
    laaubin Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment
    The "Premium" subscription..
  • Boudewijn
    Boudewijn The NetherlandsMember, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    What worries me is that I cannot see 'all networks' on my FingBox anymore in the Desktop version, though it is there in the iPhone app. That is a serious step backward!