Do you have to subscribe to the Fing Desktop service if you have the Fingbox?

laaubinlaaubin Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Comment
If a Fingbox user, do you have to subscribe to the Fing service itself?
If no do you get all the same info and control as the Desktop app?

Best Answers

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 853
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @laaubin. The short answer is, no. You dont have to subscribe to Fing Desktop.

Fing Desktop was released on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.

In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ option, with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools: download Fing Desktop 2.0, here

Premium Plan info: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

We now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

All Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. Fingbox is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    laaubin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Boudewijn said:
    What worries me is that I cannot see 'all networks' on my FingBox anymore in the Desktop version, though it is there in the iPhone app. That is a serious step backward!
    We have never implemented to select multiple network on Fing desktop. As stated Fing desktop is a separate product and we have not integrated Fing desktop with Fingbox as of now. You can only run the scan against current network on Fing desktop.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 164
    100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    What service are you referring to?
  • laaubinlaaubin Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    The "Premium" subscription..
  • BoudewijnBoudewijn The NetherlandsMember, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    What worries me is that I cannot see 'all networks' on my FingBox anymore in the Desktop version, though it is there in the iPhone app. That is a serious step backward!