Upgrading from Fingbox V1 to V2

Speedf
Speedf Member Posts: 34
Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
✭✭✭
So, I'm going to be replacing my FingBox V1 with a V2 (passing the V1 to my parents to monitor their network!).
I've spent a lot of time configuring the Fingbox V1 (custom device names, blocks, etc).  What's the best way, if at all possible, to move these configurations from V1 to V2.  I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting up from scratch.....
Thanks,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Speedf
    Speedf Member Posts: 34
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    So, wasn't quite as easy as I hoped.  First thought I would just "unplug" v1 and replace with v2.  That seemed to confuse things nicely.  Looked good to begin with, then the fing app decided I had two networks with the same name.  One with all my custom device configurations and one with "defaults".  So, plugged back in the V1 and decommissioned it using the fing app.  Then plugged in v2.  
    Custom device names came across, but lost most of the other configurations (device assignments to users, schedules and custom blocks).
    Hey ho.

Answers

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Speedf said:
    So, I'm going to be replacing my FingBox V1 with a V2 (passing the V1 to my parents to monitor their network!).
    I've spent a lot of time configuring the Fingbox V1 (custom device names, blocks, etc).  What's the best way, if at all possible, to move these configurations from V1 to V2.  I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting up from scratch.....
    Thanks,
    I was able to review the user manual for Fingbox online, and saw this little tidbit:
    "All network settings and customizations are automatically synchronized across all your
    devices. By installing Fing on a desktop workstation and logging into your account, you can
    perform operations on remote networks through the Fingbox cloud"
    While I still need to purchase and integrate the Fingbox to my home network, I would think that when you install your v2 and log into your account, that should auto-magically assist you with your settings in relation to the device MAC address.
    By the gods I really need to just buy one already. =)
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain