How to factory reset the fingbox and close the account associated with it?
Fred2 Member Posts: 1✭
I am looking for a way to factory reset my fingbox and disassociating it from the fing account as well as a way to close that account.
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,292#2 Answer ✓Hi @Fred2
Can you DM me your Fingbox MAC address along with the picture of the Fingbox displaying the MAC address so to verify the account and then I will guide you further. ThanksRobin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!5
JIim_B2000 Member Posts: 5Hi,
I have a similar issue. Im selling the fing unit and need to reset it and remove the account associated with it.0
@JIim_B2000, original instructions from this link. I've modified it to reflect the new mobile app but the concept is the same.To move your Fingbox to a new network or disconnect, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the bottom left ‘Overview‘ icon
- Choose ‘All Networks’ (top right "..." icon) screen which contains a list of all your scanned networks.
- Choose the Network with the Fingbox and swipe left with your finger. Tap the garbage can icon, then choose deactivate.
Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...0
- When you press ‘Deactivate’. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network or allow someone else to configure it.
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides