What causes 'Microsoft Outlook Office 365 is not available' (W80C)

fuzzyhansfuzzyhans Member, Beta Tester Posts: 23
10 Comments
Periodically, Fing Desktop 2.0 for Mac (Catalina 10.15.5) reports 'Microsoft Outlook Office 365 is not available'.  It also says (outlook.office.com is not browsable, SSL Handshake failed: short read), but I have confirmed that it actually is browsable using both Safari and Chrome.   Since I do not use that product, and have a fairly closed firewall and internet gateway, it would be nice to suppress the test.  What specifically causes that message to appear?  

Best Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    .fuzzyhans said:
    While we are at it - how to disable the Netflix and WhatsApp tests?  Again not needed, and giving unnecessary messages since the firewall actively blocks those sites.
    Hi @fuzzyhans
    As of now, there is no way to skip the default checks but if something changes in future, I will put up a post on community so all users can know about this
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Also, you can mute the warnings by clicking on the (?) icon and then you can press Mute to suppress the warning.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Answers

• fuzzyhansfuzzyhans Member, Beta Tester Posts: 23
    10 Comments
    While we are at it - how to disable the Netflix and WhatsApp tests?  Again not needed, and giving unnecessary messages since the firewall actively blocks those sites.