Fing Desktop auto updates, even when you click cancel? Really?
On WIN10, the fing desktop, on load, checks for updates. This is good, except I may actually be doing something when the "update available" notification pops up. Less good. This is a modal notification, which means you MUST interact with it. At best, that is lazy coding, at worst ...unprintable expletive....! And just for fun, no matter how you try to dismiss it, ie: cancel, red X, alt-f4, alt-tab... it always assumes you have accepted the update offer, closes the app without saving, and executes the update/install. I shall watch with great interest while nothing is done to fix this...again...still...yet more......
- 5.2K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 978 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 104 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 39 Network Infrastructure
- 4.8K Ask about Fing
- 481 Fing Account Change Request
- 971 Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 473 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides