Mesh Network and network security device

KalaniKalani Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment

I’m using Wavlink Halo Polar network. It works beautifully. Recently I added a network device (not Fing box) and it has brought my network to its knees. Mode 3 (Default setting) caused a completely unstable network with mesh nodes constantly rebooting, Mode 1 stabilised network but resulted in extremely slow network. Mode 2 results in network nodes sometimes being unavailable and having to attempt web access 2-3 times before request is accepted. Easiest thing is to disconnect the device and take my chances.

Would Fing Box behave like this?

Answers

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I would say no.  I have a gig fiber connection and getting 1 gig up and down speeds.  Added Fingbox and no performance or wifi issues.
  • KalaniKalani Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Thank you.

Does Fing Box handover DHCP control to network security device or is this retained under control of router?

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Kalani said:

Thank you.

Does Fing Box handover DHCP control to network security device or is this retained under control of router?

The DHCP will always be managed by router. Fingbox can only monitor the network coming from the router.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • KalaniKalani Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks Robin.  To get my current network security device working on the mesh network, involved handing over DHCP control to the network security device - this left me feeling a little uneasy.