Mesh Network and network security device

Kalani
Kalani Member Posts: 3
Photogenic First Comment

I’m using Wavlink Halo Polar network. It works beautifully. Recently I added a network device (not Fing box) and it has brought my network to its knees. Mode 3 (Default setting) caused a completely unstable network with mesh nodes constantly rebooting, Mode 1 stabilised network but resulted in extremely slow network. Mode 2 results in network nodes sometimes being unavailable and having to attempt web access 2-3 times before request is accepted. Easiest thing is to disconnect the device and take my chances.

Would Fing Box behave like this?

Answers

• Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 271
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say no.  I have a gig fiber connection and getting 1 gig up and down speeds.  Added Fingbox and no performance or wifi issues.
  • Kalani
    Photogenic First Comment

Thank you.

Does Fing Box handover DHCP control to network security device or is this retained under control of router?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Kalani said:

Thank you.

Does Fing Box handover DHCP control to network security device or is this retained under control of router?

The DHCP will always be managed by router. Fingbox can only monitor the network coming from the router.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Kalani
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks Robin.  To get my current network security device working on the mesh network, involved handing over DHCP control to the network security device - this left me feeling a little uneasy.