Only 100Mb LAN connection

I really have hit a brick wall here and thinking the device could be scuppered at the point.

The Fingbox is only reporting a 100Mb LAN connection, despite having a CAT6 cable (tested with multiple know good cables), connected to a GB port on the Ubiquity Switch (which also reports a 100Mb connection.

I have tried to force the port to 1Gb but no joy.

I have also reset the darn thing half a dozen times... including disconnecting the power so it tried to auto sense the connection speed again.

Is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Best Answer

• MilkyMilkyMilkyMilky Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Accepted Answer
    Returned for refund :( 

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,348
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MilkyMilky, I think you said you have swapped out cables and the problem persists?  I ask this because of a similar issue identified in the link below.  Resolution was a new cable.  There is also an explanation on how the Fingbox negotiates speed by @Robin from Fing.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • JCAlexandresJCAlexandres Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments Photogenic
    My approach will be that to check the NIC of my device is gigabit capable, then the port where the device is connected is in effect gigabit capable, and if a managed switch, ensure the port where the device is connected is enabled for gigabit speed, sometimes this will be set to Auto, except some devices will not auto-negotiate, so it may be need to manually configure the port.
    First Comment Photogenic

Yup. All ports are GbE on the Ubiquity switch, and tried various ports, also tried forcing negotiation speeds.

10 Comments Photogenic
    What switch model are you using? Or is it connected directly to the router?
    First Comment Photogenic
    This is the switch: https://www.ui.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-8/
    Also tried directly connecting to the internet modem/ router (Technicolor DGA4231), same results.
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Being the FingBox and the network switch are GB capable, and your are using a CAT 5e or higher network cable, and not achieving GB connectivity, you should contact Fing tech support, maybe a firmware upgrade will do the trick.