How to identify "premium phone'

Hovey
Hovey Member Posts: 5
First Comment
I have an unidentified 'premium phone', an 'unknown' and several amazon devises I cannot identify.
Re the premium phone: when I 'remove device' it disappears for a short time and then reappears - is this correct?
How do I trace it?

Answers

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure your not seeing devices approach your digital fence?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    Lee
  • Hovey
    First Comment
    Sorry, but I don't understand that.

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/digitalfence-feature/

What Does the Fingbox DigitalFence do?

The Fingbox DigitalFence is designed to give you visibility over all the WiFi-enabled devices within 15 meters of your Fingbox, even if they are not connected to your network.

This feature acts as both an extra security and troubleshooting feature for your network, as well as an additional form of Digital Presence.

• Security: people often forget that the physical security of your network is as important as the cybersecurity. Physical access to your router, or the majority of IoT devices in your home, can open easy opportunities for hacking those devices. The DigitalFence allows you to see what devices have come near your Fingbox and set alerts to watch them.
    • Troubleshooting: have a device that the Internet isn’t working on? The DigitalFence will allow you to see if that device’s WiFi antenna is still working, as well as which SSID and channel it is connected to.
    • Digital Presence: want to keep an eye on what time your dog walker arrives and leaves? Worried your kids might be having a house party whilst you are away? With the DigitalFence you can look at what is near your Fingbox is real-time and at historical logs of each device that has been within the range between set times. You can also select devices to watch and receive alerts when they move in and out of range.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    HronosLee
  • Hovey
    First Comment
    Thanks - will check ii out
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hovey are you using Fing App or Fingbox too?

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hovey I've also turned this into a question thread so you can choose a BEST ANSWER when this is solved. Please let me know if the context is Fing App or Fingbox. 

Community Manager at Fing

• kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hovey said:
    I have an unidentified 'premium phone', an 'unknown' and several amazon devises I cannot identify.
    Re the premium phone: when I 'remove device' it disappears for a short time and then reappears - is this correct?
    How do I trace it?
    Does this device actually connect to your network (obtains an IP address) or is it detected and disappears?
    Can you block it by its MAC address?  If you do, does someone complain about not accessing the WiFi?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain