Virgin Media scores well on speed and service with Fing app users

Gidster
Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭
edited July 17, 2019 in Virgin Media #1

As of 11th July 2019 the Fing ISP scoreboard placed Virgin Media 4th place in the UK in terms of speed and 7th place in terms of ratings provided by our app users. 

With an average download speed of 100mbps and 10.5mbps upload speed it has achieved a Fing speed rating of 3.9 out of 5. That's the highest of any of the mainstream providers in the UK and comes by virtue of its comprehensive FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) network. And, on average Fing app users rate Virgin Media it 3.6 out of 5 stars, with around 63% of users giving it a 4 or 5 star rating and only 12% just 1 star. This rating puts Virgin Media in the top 20% in the UK - so users are far from furious! 

Between 4th April and July 11th July 2019, the Fing Outage Detector registered 3 outages across the UK for Virgin Media, two of them of a low severity.

Are you or have you been a Virgin Media user? Are you getting great speeds and service or are there some horror stories that the Fing app user data is not showing?
Head of Product at Fing
Tagged:
Haleema

Comments

• jc74
    jc74 Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭
    I'll be using Virgin from next week in my new house.  I won't be especially sorry to see the back of Sky!  

There are 10 types of people in the world; Those that understand Binary and those that don't.  
    VioletChepilGidster
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @jc74 :):):) 

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @jc74 how are you getting on with Virgin? 

• jc74
    ✭✭
    @VioletChepil
    I'm not!  9 weeks and counting, and they've still not delivered a service, and can't even give me a date.  They're citing wayleave issues, despite Virgin having service in a cabinet across the road.
    I've had to have Sky installed as a stop-gap so I can work, but it's 45Mb instead of 500Mb, and is barely enough for two adults and a teenager to use (we are very heavy users!).
    I'll probably end up keeping the Sky service (it's their cheap "essentials" offering) as a fallback to Virgin, and so I can work without teenager's Brendon Urie videos disrupting my use of bandwidth!  :)

There are 10 types of people in the world; Those that understand Binary and those that don't.  
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh Ok, I see. I'm using hyperoptic and I'm very happy. I had Sky previously, which I was not happy with! I would definitely recommend Hyperoptic, but I believe its only available in certain area. Well, let us know how you keep getting on with Virgin if you finally get them installed @jc74
     I found Vodafone much better than Virgin for mobile coverage. But that's a totally different game! 

• jc74
    ✭✭
    I used an EE 4G sim as they seem best in this area for 4G coverage and performance, but at £44 per 30gb topup, i was having to top up twice a day or thereabouts.  I think you're right about Hyperoptic @VioletChepil, not available around here anyway.
    VioletChepil
  • Gidster
    Gidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019 #8
    jc74 said:
    I used an EE 4G sim as they seem best in this area for 4G coverage and performance, but at £44 per 30gb topup, i was having to top up twice a day or thereabouts.  I think you're right about Hyperoptic @VioletChepil, not available around here anyway.
    Wow £88 a month for 4G data. @jc74 there are a lot of decent unlimited data 4G SIMs available now. Three has one for £20 (or even less as an intro offer). Even EE has introduced one now for £32. And Virgin - which uses the same EE network - offers unlimited for £25 (though probably not for 5G)
    Head of Product at Fing
    VioletChepil