Repeated Requests for Network Context?

I keep getting requests to identify my network. For a while I went through the motions of setting it to a Home network, but the message continues to show up every few hours. I'm using a eero mesh to cover my whole house. Could that be causing the errors?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,167
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@RayleighR , I moved this to the desktop area for better visibility.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @RayleighR
    Do you multiple access points in your house? And is you device able to connect to these different access points. It may be the reason it is asking again to set the network context. Can you connect your device one by one and then run the scan on Fing Desktop and then once the network context is set then repeat the same with other access points and check. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RayleighRRayleighR Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    There are two access points (Verizon FiOS router and eero base) but my laptop mainly connects to the eero. I get the messages when it has only been connected to the eero mesh. Could the mesh be confusing it?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited July 2020
    RayleighR said:
    There are two access points (Verizon FiOS router and eero base) but my laptop mainly connects to the eero. I get the messages when it has only been connected to the eero mesh. Could the mesh be confusing it?
    I believe the same that it could be because of the Mesh network which is only identifying and monitoring the Mesh network. And an additional access point confuses the Fing desktop as new network and thus the alert
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!