Fing Premium and Fing box

Ferlauto
Ferlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
✭✭✭
Does the Fingbox provide any of the services included in the Fing Premium service?  Related, any plans to offer special (discounted) pricing on Premium for Fingbox owners?    The Fing website needs an update as well, as there are no apparent mentions of the new Premium service offering.

Answers

• Maya
    Maya Member, Beta Tester Posts: 41
    5 Answers 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I understood the Fing premium will be a subscription adding more services to desktop, to mobile app and maybe also to fingbox in the future?
    Right now it's not changing at all your Fingbox experience, and as matter of fact the desktop is not even showing the Fingbox network, just the active one that your computer is connected to.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Ferlauto
    Ferlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Maya.  I posted in the big announcement thread as well, since that seems to be a catchall for everything.
  • RoofSpace
    RoofSpace Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    Fing's latest update seems to remove some of the original features, making them chargeable under the "premium" option?  Why buy the device?
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

Hi all, to confirm, we now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

All Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. Fingbox is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected. For more information on specific features per product, please see the link:   https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

I hope this helps. Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

RoofSpace
  • adam
    adam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 63
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Ciaran sorry I'm still not 100% clear from what you've said and the link you've shared didn't help me because it doesn't make any comparison to fingbox.   

So I have a fingbox.     Can you clarify; if you have fingbox there is a benefit to the subscriptions ?   If so what?   Do I not get all the features of Fing Desktop 2.0 with a fingbox registered account ?
    Telekor
  • Telekor
    Telekor Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi @Ciaran
    I have the same question as @adam
    if you have fingbox there is a benefit to the subscriptions ?   

Another question: why Finbox Desktop does not recognize my Fingbos like iOS app?
  • Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Adam & @Telekor, thanks for the questions. Be warned....long post coming :) (apologies for the long post, but I just want to clarify as much as possible for you):

In relation to Fing Desktop:   We have been working very hard on our new product offering ‘Fing Desktop’ since the end of 2019. We have run an intense Beta testing, as well as multiple follow version releases since its official release to all in February 2020. Fing Desktop was released on a ‘Freemium’ basis, i.e. it is free of charge, but a premium would be charged for additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software. In this release, we have included a ‘Premium’ options (in comparison to the standard Fing Desktop options), with additional features and enhanced capabilities including: Intruder Alerts, Security Checks, Timeline of Events & Unlimited tools. Premium Plan info: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

Fing's Product offerings:

So, as mentioned on my previous post (but just good to keep it all together), we now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

All current Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features. Fingbox is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop. You are correct in saying that Fing Desktop & Fingbox share some features, but they also have features exclusive to each other. For example, the vulnerability functionality was mentioned, if you have a Fingbox and the vulnerability functionality is the main tool that you want to use, then Fing Desktop will not offer any benefit to you....as you already have access to this functionality as part of your Fingbox (on the other hand, if you wanted access to the Local API functionality, you would need a Fing Premium subscription to access this on Fing Desktop).

Currently, the real benefit for people upgrading to Fing Premium will be Fing Desktop & Fing App users. For these users, there is access to more features & usage that is not available on the free app/desktop. There is currently limited benefit for Fingbox users (regarding specific functionality) however, we will be introducing new Premium features across all of our current product offerings as we move forward, that will not only benefit our App & Desktop users, but also our Fingbox users.

I hope this helps

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)