Fing Premium and Fing box

Ferlauto
Ferlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
✭✭✭
Does the Fingbox provide any of the services included in the Fing Premium service?  Related, any plans to offer special (discounted) pricing on Premium for Fingbox owners?    The Fing website needs an update as well, as there are no apparent mentions of the new Premium service offering.

Answers

• Maya
    Maya Member, Beta Tester Posts: 41
    5 Answers 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I understood the Fing premium will be a subscription adding more services to desktop, to mobile app and maybe also to fingbox in the future?
    Right now it's not changing at all your Fingbox experience, and as matter of fact the desktop is not even showing the Fingbox network, just the active one that your computer is connected to.
    Robin_Ex_Fing
  • Ferlauto
    Ferlauto White Plains, NYMember Posts: 53
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Maya.  I posted in the big announcement thread as well, since that seems to be a catchall for everything.
  • RoofSpace
    RoofSpace Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    Fing's latest update seems to remove some of the original features, making them chargeable under the "premium" option?  Why buy the device?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RoofSpace
  • adam
    adam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 63
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Ciaran sorry I'm still not 100% clear from what you've said and the link you've shared didn't help me because it doesn't make any comparison to fingbox.   

So I have a fingbox.     Can you clarify; if you have fingbox there is a benefit to the subscriptions ?   If so what?   Do I not get all the features of Fing Desktop 2.0 with a fingbox registered account ?
    Telekor
  • Telekor
    Telekor Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi @Ciaran
    I have the same question as @adam
    if you have fingbox there is a benefit to the subscriptions ?   

Another question: why Finbox Desktop does not recognize my Fingbos like iOS app?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • onesridhar
    onesridhar Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2, 2022 #9
    Ciaran, I chanced on this discussion while seeking an answer to a specific question, similar to what the original poster has asked but which does not seem to be answered clearly. 

Background: I have a Fing desktop paired with an iOS app. It does what I need, and, frankly, I can't afford Fing Premium at the moment. I do want my wi-fi points to alert me if and when any of them goes offline. As I understand, this is a configurable notification under Fing Premium. 
    My specific question: If I spring for the Fingbox, a one-time purchase, will I get access to this feature, or do I still have to buy Fing Premium to enable targeted notifications?
  • onesridhar
    onesridhar Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    Ciaran, I happened upon this thread while seeking the answer to the exact question that the original poster has asked. Somehow, I've still not understood the answer.

Background: I use Fing Desktop and the app and am happy with both. What I would like is targeted notifications that alert me when any of my wi-fi points goes offline. I understand that this is a feature in Fing Premium, but frankly, I can't afford the recurrent subscription.

So the question: Will a one-time purchase of Fingbox enable me to receive configurable and targetable notifications of devices going offline or coming online?
  • Dylan_From_Fing
    Dylan_From_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 58
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket created!
    Dylan (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!