Fing Desktop App reports my desktop to be connected to the wrong Network

jeandominoserverjeandominoserver Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic
like most of us my router offers 2 wifi networks 2.4GHz && 5GHz.
While my desptop is connected to the 5Ghz one, the fing app (latest shiniest 2.0) reports it to be connected to the 2.4GHz one.

Anybody seen that before ?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,312
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    like most of us my router offers 2 wifi networks 2.4GHz && 5GHz.
    While my desptop is connected to the 5Ghz one, the fing app (latest shiniest 2.0) reports it to be connected to the 2.4GHz one.

Anybody seen that before ?
    Can you share the screenshot of this showing the network connection connected and Fing desktop page so I can isolate the issue? Have you also tried to refresh the scan and check? Also, is the SSID name same for both frequencies?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jeandominoserverjeandominoserver Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 1
    Hello Robin, thanks for the prompt reply ; i saw this prior to upgrading the fingbox desktop app about 1Hrs~ ago; upon restarting once updated the condition persisted; hopefully the screenshot will deliver on your questions; otherwise let me know:

First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 1
    For that matter the Fing App {Android} stumbles the same way
    admin
    For that matter the Fing App {Android} stumbles the same way
    Are both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency using the same SSID name?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    nope see in the screenshot i left that readable: Eireann  || Eireann_Media
    admin
    nope see in the screenshot i left that readable: Eireann  || Eireann_Media
    Thanks, if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator): 

Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent 

Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent 

After this, reboot the device and run the scan again to see if anything changes.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    When you say reboot the device, is the device the fingbox or the PC ? 
    Reminder: both the Desktop App && the Mobile App show the same discrepancy; how do you explain that ? It used not to be the case. 
    Could it be a valid step to just forget about the existing network and start from scratch again and having the Fingbox rediscovering the network ?
    admin
    When you say reboot the device, is the device the fingbox or the PC ? 
    Reminder: both the Desktop App && the Mobile App show the same discrepancy; how do you explain that ? It used not to be the case. 
    Could it be a valid step to just forget about the existing network and start from scratch again and having the Fingbox rediscovering the network ?
    You need to reboot the PC. Also, to investigate this, Can you please let me know of the O.S of the devices you are running the Fing Dekstop?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    would simply reboot the PC yet once again altogether not achieve the same as stopping - restarting the Fing Agent through powershell and then reboot the PC ?? I am failing to follow your logic here.
    Also this PC is running Win10 (1809) Entreprise.
    First Comment Photogenic
    The Fing App which is connected through my phone to the 5Ghz network sees the computer on that 5Ghz network; so the conclusion is that likely the issue resides with the Fing Desktop App rather than anything else.
    admin
    edited July 14
    Hi @jeandominoserver
    We are already working on a fix. We have found a small bug in the current Windows version. And with new version, it will be fixed. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)