Blank screen running vulnerability check - Fing 2.0

SubnetPDXSubnetPDX Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I just updated to Fing 2.0 and purchased the premium license.  When trying to run a vulnerability scan, it starts by saying the check is in progress, but then the screen goes blank.  Reinstalling the app and restarting my PC hasn't helped.  I'd appreciate any insight thanks.

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,796
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @SubnetPDX

Thanks for your post. It seems like WinPcap might not be working properly. In this case, please follow these steps:  

• Uninstall WinPcap 

• Uninstall Fing Desktop 

• Reboot pc 

• Download and Install latest Fing Desktop release.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    SubnetPDX

Answers

• SubnetPDXSubnetPDX Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you Robin - that did the trick!  :)
    Robin
  • AashishAashish Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    I'm having the same issue. I have a mac desktop version of Fing and I've uninstalled the application and installed it numerous times, but I'm still having the same issue.
    admin
    Aashish said:
    I'm having the same issue. I have a mac desktop version of Fing and I've uninstalled the application and installed it numerous times, but I'm still having the same issue.
    Can you check under Activity monitor if multiple Fing helpers are running. If yes, then please disable both Fing helpers and quit the Fing desktop and then reboot device and start Fing desktop to run the scan. Also, sometimes the permissions needed for the application in MacOS gets revoked. If this happens to you, you can remedy this in System Preferences > Security and Privacy. Be sure to have Fing Desktop turned on (check off the box) in the "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders" sections. 
    I hope it helps.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    I've force quit the two helpers but it constantly reappears. And I have given full disk access to Fing.
    admin
    Aashish said:
    I've force quit the two helpers but it constantly reappears. And I have given full disk access to Fing.
    After quitting the Fing helper, Can you reboot the device and make sure only one instance of Fing desktop is installed which is under Applications folder only. If there is another instance of Fing desktop installed, please uninstall it by moving it to trash and then open Fing desktop and then check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, please let me know the O.S of the device on which you are running Fing desktop.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment
    There is only one instance of Fing desktop installed. I have Catalina 10.15.6 installed on my machine.
    admin
    Aashish said:
    There is only one instance of Fing desktop installed. I have Catalina 10.15.6 installed on my machine.

Can you please follow these commands on the terminal and let me know of the result? 

• Command 1: /usr/bin/pgrep fingagent 

• Command 2: sudo lsof -nP -iTCP:48080 -sTCP:LISTEN 

On running the 2nd command, it will ask for a password and you need to enter the login password of your MacBook 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020

I just sent you a message with the results