Unpatched Wi-Fi Extender Opens Home Networks to Remote Control
The Homeplug device, from Tenda, suffers from web server bugs as well as a DoS flaw.
A popular Wi-Fi extender for the home has multiple unpatched vulnerabilities, including the use of a weak, default password, according to researchers. Also, two of the bugs could allow complete remote control of the device.
The flaws have been found in Tenda PA6 Wi-Fi Powerline extender, version 188.8.131.52, which extends the wireless network throughout the house using HomePlug AV2 technology.
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
- 5.7K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 112 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.3K Ask about Fing
- 541 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 529 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides