Unpatched Wi-Fi Extender Opens Home Networks to Remote Control
The Homeplug device, from Tenda, suffers from web server bugs as well as a DoS flaw.
A popular Wi-Fi extender for the home has multiple unpatched vulnerabilities, including the use of a weak, default password, according to researchers. Also, two of the bugs could allow complete remote control of the device.
The flaws have been found in Tenda PA6 Wi-Fi Powerline extender, version 18.104.22.168, which extends the wireless network throughout the house using HomePlug AV2 technology.
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
- 4.8K All Categories
- 2.5K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 907 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 98 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 36 Network Infrastructure
- 4.3K Ask about Fing
- 380 Fing Account Change Request
- 832 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.4K Fingbox
- 460 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 147 Community Updates
- 19 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides