Kickstarter Backer and subscription

SimoneSpinozziSimoneSpinozzi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 88
25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Agrees
✭✭✭
Hi! I was a fingbox kickstarter backer.

Could anybody remind me what were supposed to be the rewards for this position? For some reasons i remember that fingbox and the Fing App were both free and premium "for life" but i see now i have to upgrade.

Since i have been away for quite a while, i would like to know if this was a policy change that happened while i was not following here (sorry... but between work and hospital... i have been... "busy" would be an understatement).

I am not demanding anything, if anything i know full well that giving lifetime access to something that is based on a subscription model is (colloquially put): "a financial suicide".

But if that was on the plate i was double-checking why i am not part of it.

I might also be misremembering. Would not be the first time. But i wanted to be sure.
wormx

Best Answer

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 946
    250 Likes 50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @SimoneSpinozzi . All functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription for these features.Fingbox is a completely separate product from the New Fing Desktop 2.0.

We now currently have 3 product offerings: 

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

To note: If you have a Fingbox, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected. 

I hope that helps to clarify. Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SimoneSpinozzi , tagging @ciaran for clarification.  I also assumed that with a Fingbox purchase, the mobile app would remain advertisement free.  I have not seen a change there that but if your seeing it, we definitely need clarification.  (The desktop is a different story and that news just broke this week)
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • SimoneSpinozziSimoneSpinozzi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 88
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, thanks for any clarification
  • wormxwormx Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    I agree, being in the same situation. Looking at the indiegogo page, you can still see the last offered perk, which includes, "lifetime subscription."
  • SimoneSpinozziSimoneSpinozzi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 88
    ✭✭✭
    🤣👍💖 oh, yeah it was indiegogo, not kickstarter.
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,787
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @wormx, the lifetime subscription for Fingbox users and the mobile app is in effect.  Fing has said in these forums that they are not touching it.  If it’s not working for you, please start a thread with the issue your seeing.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    wormx
  • wormxwormx Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks Marc! It was a little confusing that the Fing Desktop isn't meant for Fingbox users, but I can see that everything still works as it should in the app. 
    Marc