Reset fing box

Alan7777Alan7777 Member Posts: 11
10 Comments Photogenic
Did not have a chance to do the simple method to move the fing to a new network before the network was shut down. Now it only shows up as a scanned network, not a fing box. How do I reset it as a new fing? Reset button does not work. App won't do it. Fing.io and fing.com won't. This is third fing, all on separate networks. Don’t want to lose the others.

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,351
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Alan7777, you should be able to delete the Fing by logging into your account via Fing.com.   Once you do, you should see your fingboxes on the left.  Choose the one you want to remove, then click on the gear icon on the top blue menu.  Then choose delete this network.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Alan7777Alan7777 Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Photogenic
    That deletes the “new” network for a few minutes, then it reappears. Did that several times before this time. What I need to do is reassign the fingbox to the new network without killing my other 2 fingboxes and their separate networks.
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I need to do the equivalent of a “factory default” reset so I can add a new fing under Account in the app.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Deleting the network that the Fingbox represented should have removed and reset it. The network you deleted should have had a small Fingbox icon in front of it. Was that the case? I’m saying this because the same network could be represented multiple times, depending on what scanned it. Think app or Fingbox.

In the interim, I’m tagging the fing folks as well to lend a hand.

@Robin or @Ciaran , next steps for @Alan7777

10 Comments Photogenic
    It has a wifi symbol in front, not a fing symbol. A scanned network. No MAC address either, just an IP segment /24.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, ok.  That explains why it keeps coming back, the app (not the fingbox) is rescanning it and putting it back.  Until someone from fing responds, you could check the other networks that have a Fing symbol in the web app.  

I believe you said you have three Fingboxes.  If you only see two, then at least we know that the old Fingbox is not associated anywhere.  You might have to have a couple of private messages with Fing once they contact you but they will be able to sort things out.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,193
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc for the support. 
    Hi @Alan7777
    Can you please DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can check and guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RushStreetPantherRushStreetPanther Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi-
    I have 2 fingboxes, one in my office and one in my home.
    The finbox @ my home is not detectable and I unable to reset.
    It does not appear on the left side of my FingBox app
    I hardware reset does not allow it to be redetected. (pinhole reset with paperclip)
    the fingbox flashes green with an occassional doubleflash
    the MAC address is F023b93cc955
    Any assistance would be appreciated!
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Same issue here. Sent MAC to Robin (Admin at Fing). No resolution yet. It has been about a week. There is no way for a user to reset it if was taken off the network before deactivating it. Fing has to do that.
    In my case I cannot recreate the old network since I can't remember the details. If you can recreate the network it was on (e.g. only a router and nothing else) and log into the relevant fing user, you may be able to "deactivate" it and then move it to the new network.
    RushStreetPanther
    admin
    Alan7777 said:
    Same issue here. Sent MAC to Robin (Admin at Fing). No resolution yet. It has been about a week. There is no way for a user to reset it if was taken off the network before deactivating it. Fing has to do that.
    In my case I cannot recreate the old network since I can't remember the details. If you can recreate the network it was on (e.g. only a router and nothing else) and log into the relevant fing user, you may be able to "deactivate" it and then move it to the new network.
    I have replied to you on 10th July when you wrote to me on 8th July. I am sorry if the response is taking long time to answer as we are busy with new Fing desktop release. Can you please check my reply and then let me know if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    admin
    Hi-
    I have 2 fingboxes, one in my office and one in my home.
    The finbox @ my home is not detectable and I unable to reset.
    It does not appear on the left side of my FingBox app
    I hardware reset does not allow it to be redetected. (pinhole reset with paperclip)
    the fingbox flashes green with an occassional doubleflash
    the MAC address is F023b93cc955
    Any assistance would be appreciated!
    Thanks. Can you please DM me the MAC address of the fingbox as the MAC address you mentioned is incorrect. Also, I would advise not to post your MAC address of Fingbox publicly. Please DM me the MAC address and I will guide you further. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)