So is there a team testing ios14

andyorkneyandyorkney Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Comment

Reason I ask is that I’m beta testing the new ios14 in relation to another app. The other app is working well. Fing for iOS crashes on launch and is blocking devices that have updated OS from joining my network. Thought might be a useful contributor to the development at this stage?

Tagged:

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,370
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @andyorkney, Fing is aware of issues with the iOS 14 beta and the Fing App and are working on a fix.  @Robin or @Ciaran , tagging you guys for visibility.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Rodney_ConleyRobin
  • andyorkneyandyorkney Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 29

So after about 5-6 attempts to launch the app is now running again on my iPhone.

ok I take it back, it did run and allowed me to get watch back on the network but it’s now crashing after a second or so of looking like it’s launched. The app remains in the launched app list, but selecting it from its card in the launched apps results in a repeat crash

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,386
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    Our developers are testing the new ios14 and are actively working on a fix. Still, the fix is work under progress but as soon as there is an update, I will update. Thanks again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc
  • aha321aha321 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

Tap and hold the app icon. Then chose run internet speedtest.That works for me.👍👍🤓

• fingdevfingdev Member, Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 9
    First Answer Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Hi,
    As @Robin said, we are aware of the crash and we are working on a solution to the problem. We are working on a solution but because iOS 14 is still in BETA, probably the issue is on iOS side and will be addressed when iOS 14 will be finalized. We will try to provide a solution in the meantime but it will only be available for Fing App BETA testers as we are not allowed to publish on the AppStore apps with iOS 14 compatibility before iOS 14 is released to the public.